Sunday, November 28, 2010

All is merry and bright!

This is our lovely and very bright christmas tree this year. I just love how warm and cheery it makes our home feel. I always put it up early and take it down late. That's the good thing about the fake ones. May all your trees be bendy and bright!

Here is Thanksgiving with the Abadians. It was the first time since Gary and I have been married that we got to spend it at my mom and step-dad's house. The food and company were fabulous!
It was so good having Gary back just in time for the holidays! It wouldn't have been the same without him and that is what we were most thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Family
Gary and Ryker played in the snow. Ryker is so happy to have his Dad back home to play with! The kids follow Gary around everywhere!
The homecoming was amazing! Ryker was on Fox 13 news with a sign we made that said welcome home Dad! Those homecomings are emotional. There weren't very many dry eyes in that place. I am so thankful for the families that serve in the military! I can't believe the strength it must take to have a member of your family gone for such a long time. Gary's deployment was a fairly short one (5 months) and it was hard not having him around!
The first night he came home he made me laugh until I cried! Man I have missed that. I am so glad to be together as a family again!

3 comments:

  1. Bree- I love this post! It makes me smile! I am so glad that Gary is back home with you!
    P.S. My tree is "bendy & bright" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so awesome bree! glad gary is home and safe with his family. i know how much you all missed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tree is so cute!! Just like your family!! I am glad Gary is home with you guys!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete