Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh how I love October!

I just love October! It is definently my most favorite month. Yes, I am one of those ladies that puts their Halloween decorations up early and starts watching halloween movies in September. So here are a few reasons why this month holds a special place in my heart:

1. I love the beautiful fall colors and mountain walks to admire it all.

2. I love when it starts to get just a bit cooler outside.

3. I love Halloween.

4. I love candy.

5. I love when I get to start making yummy crock pot soups.

6. I love dressing my kiddos up.

7. & I love decorating with ghosts, witches, bats, spiders,and

PUMPKINS

So we got a head start on our pumpkin pickin' this year and went to Pack's Farm in farmington.

Here is our cute group Grandma Jen, Cousins Carson and Kalli, Aunt Summer, Ryker and Violet.

It was 91 degrees outside (where is my fall weather?) so if we look hot it's because we were!
The kids had a great time picking pumpkins from the patch. Ryker and Carsons were the biggest. My mom got 185 pounds of pumpkin that day!
Ryker and Kalli scoutin for some good pumpkins

Ryker loved all the huge ones. The one he ended up picking(not this one) will be a monster to carve but will look very cool once it's all done!

Aunt Summy with Violet.

Violet's favorite part of the whole thing was to sit in this wheel barrel and be carted around.

checkin' out their goods.

Violet also loved those two little baby ones in her hands she thought they were just precious.

Here is Ryker sitting on his massive pumpkin. He picked one special so we could paint Gary's face on it hee hee!

Our friends had the cutest dress up birthday party. So I got to get the kids costumes early. They are pirates this year (violet's is still in the works)

Cute violet&Mr. pirate Ryker


Good news: Gary is doing good and he will be home in 6 weeks! I can't wait!

Baby J is growing BIG in my belly and doing well. I can't wait to meet the little angel and kiss his sweet chubby cheeks.

Happy Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment